Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter and the Week of Waiting

Exactly one week from tonight, I will be at work. And I will be excited to be there! For those that don't know, I work in a bookstore. And the biggest event in the entire industry right now is, of course, the release of the next, newest, and LAST Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Just about every bookstore in the country will be staying open late next Friday in order to begin selling the book at midnight. And we will be no exception.

The Hallows Ball, as Borders is calling the event, will be full of events, prizes, and fun. And I will be right in the middle of it!

But anyway, I was also excited when I went to work earlier this week and discovered that our first shipment of the books had arrived. Of course we can't open them. We all had to sign this piece of paper basically saying that if we do anything we aren't supposed to, they will own us and all our descendants to the third generation! LOL Of course I'm being silly, but they are NOT. Deathly serious.. if you are caught releasing the book, or any number of things, it can carry a jail term. Wow.

But I got permission (from my general manager) to show you a picture of the (still sealed) pallets of books.

There is nothing on them that specifically say that they are the Harry Potter books, but each one did have this sign on it...


What else could it possibly be?!? LOL

Anyway, I am counting down the days until the new book arrives. Anyone else can't wait?

No comments: